When you decide to sell a piece of property, be it a house or an apartment, there are a few tips that you can apply to ensure your property sells quick. The most important among these is to make your house look “attractive”. When selling a home, the first impression in the mind of the seller will play a vital role in deciding the time taken for it to sell.
Given below are some suggestions that will help you make your home sell quicker –
* The entry point to your property will be the first thing that a buyer will see. Make sure that it has a clean appearance. Brass objects should be properly polished and the door should be cleaned thoroughly.
* Ensure that the garden or lawn that you have is properly maintained. Grass should be mowed, leaves should be raked and plant beds should be properly tended to.
* If you are living in an apartment complex, then make sure that the way till your place is tidied up, even if it is not your responsibility to do it.
* Remove all excessive furniture that is lying around. A cluttered apartment will not look neat as the storage areas will not be properly visible. You need the rooms to look charming, so ensure that all messes are cleared up.
* Nothing speaks of an ill-maintained home more than pending repairs. Any missing lights and fixtures should be replaced. Doors should open and close properly. There should be no leaking drains and faucets. Switches should work properly.
* Every family who lives in a house leaves their own personal touches in it, whether in the form of choice of colours or the placement of furniture. When selling a home, it is important that the buyer is able to picture himself in the home. So, try and remove any personal touches and use neutral coloured decors, such as soft grey, beige or white.
* If you have decorated your home in a multi-coloured hue and with bright colours, then it would be a good idea to revert to more “normal” colouring. This is because the taste of the buyer may differ from yours and he may not prefer the colouring and decoration that you have put up. Keep decorations that are neutral, as they are the best in attracting buyers. As everyone has their own style of decorating, you should leave enough space so that the buyer can imagine what all he can do with the decorations.
* Carpets often get run down the most. So place a fresh new carpet in a neutral colour that will improve the visual appeal of the room. A good carpet provides a warm and cozy feel to any room.
* Improve the lighting that you have in and around the house. Nobody likes dark homes and a well lit area always gives off a more inviting and attractive appearance.
The first thing a buyer does when he looks for a home to buy is to imagine him living in it. If he likes what he sees, then you have a sale on your hands. So, make it easier for him to like your house by improving the look and making it more inviting.